In men, the average body fat range is from 22% to 30%. In women, it is 32% to 42% and gets higher as the years go by. Modern times make us gain weight: with things like pollution, easy transportation, and fast food. It is a real challenge sometimes to get rid of old habits and the first month is the most difficult part of changing our routine, but it’s definitely possible to do it.
We at Bright Side know that it is important to find your own program so you can get the best results in the shortest time possible. Here you will find some useful information that can help you to reduce the fat on your body in just one month.
It is not enough to just take care of your body. Sometimes a double chin and fat around your cheeks can stay around even if you slim down. Keep in mind that doing the same exercises daily will allow you to see results faster.
- Sit down comfortably and start moving your jaw while your lips are closed, like you are eating something.
- After finishing with “chewing,” open your mouth wide. Your tongue should be stuck to your bottom teeth.
- Hold this pose for 5 seconds while slowly breathing in and out.
- Repeat 10 times.
First of all, take a look at yourself and do an analysis of whether your lower or upper body has more fat. If you train a part that doesn’t actually need to be worked on really hard, you will just gain more muscle, while the problematic part will stay untouched. Be mindful to not exhaust yourself, but also remember that you need at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.
- If you carry more fat in your legs and thighs you can start by running, or just walking, 30-40 minutes a day. For those people who want to achieve even more results, it could be good to take some aerobic classes. Whatever you decide, try not to forget about stretching.
- If you carry more fat in your upper body, you can get away with doing less with your legs. A brisk daily walk for 30-40 minutes can replace running and weightlifting. It is not recommended to lose weight by doing exercises with heavyweights. You will also find that doing more reps with lighter weights is more effective.
By choosing this training program, you should first understand that we need to lose fat. There are 2 things that you need to remember. First, by exhausting yourself with heavy weights, you won’t slim down, but you will gain some mass. Second, despite the fact that spot reduction is popular nowadays, most studies have found it to be ineffective. Simply put, if you want to lose fat in your arms, you still can’t forget to train other parts of your body. In this case, your training will be the most effective.
There are several ways to lose arm fat:
1. More cardio, but no less than 30 min at least 5 days a week. You can try exercises like running up stairs, jumping rope, jogging, or burpees. This is a very important and effective strategy for weight loss, which increases lean body mass. To up the challenge, you can add planks.
2. Cardio coupled with lightweight exercises. Try alternating weight and cardio days for 6 days every week.
This part might be one of the most difficult to lose fat in. Just doing crunches is not enough. There are 3 body types and each of them needs a different program to slim down:
- Ectomorphs are lean and long and have difficulty building muscle. 3 days of strength training should be intertwined with 2 days of low-intensity cardio: jogging or step-aerobics. Include ab exercises like the bicycle crunch and ab crunches on an exercise ball.
- Endomorphs have high body fat and are often pear-shaped. Weight training is the best for you, but do lots of reps at relatively low weights. Add different types of crunches with a lot of repetitions. Walking, jogging, and swimming are also good for ectomorphs.
- Mesomorphs are well-built, with a high metabolism. Pick a super-set: pair crunches with leg raises, for example. Cardio like running may help mesomorphs who are looking to lean out. Add 30 to 45 minutes of cardio 3 to 5 times a week.
Squats, squats, squats! For any type of a body, if you want you your buttocks to not look saggy, do squats. You can use a small weigh if you feel strong enough. Here is one example:
- Stand with your head facing forward. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart. Extend your hands straight out in front of you.
- Sit back and down. Your back should be straight. Keep your head facing forward and your upper body bent forward a little bit. Rather than allowing your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly as you descend.
- Lower down with your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Push yourself back to the starting position.
Start with 3 sets of 10 squats for the first 2 weeks and then add more reps work up to 12, and then to 15. Be aware of your posture while doing this exercise. Don’t let your knees go inward.
Do you have your own techniques that help you to stay fit? What would you advise for beginners? Please share your tips below!